Shiny brass colored 16" faucet connectors

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DaveGordon, Dec 22, 2009.

1. DaveGordon

DaveGordon DIY Junior Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Bartlett, IL
    Hi all...a newbie User to the forums (although when I was remodeling my master bath I LURKED here a lot, and learned SO much from all of you...thank you in arrears)

At any rate, I have searched here (and the web) and have been unable to find what I need (could be my poor search terms, but I don't know what else to type into the funny-named search engines)

I have replaced my powder room facuet. It is on a pedestal sink, and the faucet connectors are visible. The existing shiny brass ones are looking shiny no more and I want to replace them, but I cannot seem to find anything except braided SILVER-colored faucet connectors (1/2' to 1/2"). The existing ones are straight pipe with some "accordion-like" ribs in them for the ability to bend slightly, I guess. I would reuse them, and try to polish them, but the new facuet's connectors end up like an 1/8" too short and the pressure connection leaks :(

Does anyone know where I might be able to get brass-colored ones to match the faucet, plate covers, flush handle, etc? It obviously doesn't need to be an exact color match, of course, but the silver looks so out of place.

Probably a stupid question on my part, but I thought I might throw myself on the mercy of the fellow DIYers and Pros here. :rolleyes:

Your help is greatly appreciated, and Happy Holdays to all!

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    A plumber supplier would have 3/8" OD supplies in polished brass.
    You can also get new brass plated stops and escutcheons.

I've also seen gold colored braided supplies.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

MOST plumbing stores will have them, or can get them on very short order such as a one day.
  5. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

Jul 24, 2007
    Robber, with some DIY on the side.
    I do like my brass.