Sharkbite Questions Code Leaks hate em like em

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by yngwie_69, Dec 24, 2009.

1. nhmaster3015

nhmaster3015 Master Plumber

It's 3 months old Eddie, let it die
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Good idea!

No point in arguing when the difference between a SharkBite and a Schwinn Coupling can't be realized...

As far as relying on EPDM o-rings to hold back water under pressure I guess we'll just have to sweat it out over all the Pro-Press, flushometers, faucets, mixers, and other stuff that uses o-rings to seal...

I'm Sweating... Some of them time bombs have been ticking 35 years without a problem yet...

Oh well...
    I'll continue to use SharkBites in situations where there use is warranted...
    They have saved the day for me and my customers on many occasions...
    They are a valuable tool in the plumbers tool box, but they aren't the only tool in there...
    The key is knowing when to reach for it....
  3. idratherbeplumbing

idratherbeplumbing New Member

i agree. wise man once told me. make it hard for them to work on. as soon as joe blow realizes he can make a connection with bare hands and even use a span wrench to remove it. what are you going to do with all your copper fittings
  4. idratherbeplumbing

idratherbeplumbing New Member

you want a 5 minute house?