Shallow well system stopped

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Vince Morasco, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Vince Morasco

Vince Morasco New Member

Hi my system stopped working this morning. I have prime, and the pump runs. What is amiss? Do I need a new pump?
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Need more information. Shallow well or pumping from cistern? Does the pump produce low pressure or no pressure? New pump, old pump? How do you know it has prime? We need something to work with. :)
  3. Vince Morasco

Vince Morasco New Member

Shallow well. I removed the top priming port, and it was filled. Will not move any water. 11 year old pump.
  4. Vince Morasco

Vince Morasco New Member

Problem found! Took the pump apart; the impeller has come off the motor shaft, and has destroyed the threads on both.
  5. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Yes you do.