Shallow well pump issues

Users who are viewing this thread

bubbalooey

Reaction score
I have a 1hp Myers shallow well pump 25ft deep working for 15 years, had small issues with pressure switch off and on, either adjusted or replaced. Now just installed new pressure switch because the old one contact points had broken off. The pump will reach 60lbs but when water is turned on will not start pump running, I replaced the hose from pump to switch with no difference. I used to be able to watch the pressure switch move up or down causing it to start or stop, now there is no movement. I can adjust it to come on and water the lawn, but after the last zone the pump won't stop. Do I need a rebuild kit for the pump or a new pump?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the pump is reaching the cut out pressure then the switch is the problem. If the pump is not reaching the cut out pressure the pump is the problem.

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like the casting is plugged where the pressure switch tubing connects to the pump. Replace the 90 degree fittings with straight. It may take up more room but they don't plug up as fast. Good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks