Shallow Well Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Ohio43844

Reaction score
I have been losing water pressure from my well. When water is turned on the pump starts at appropriate time and will pump up to shutoff , but occasionally when pump starts it will not pump up pressure and will drop down to 5-10 lbs. When let run (with water off) it will eventually pump up to pressure ( about 10-15 minutes).I purchased this property in 2005 from a deceased family member.This is a 12ft well with water at 9 foot. It was put in around 1975 ( hand drove) with 2" galv piping ( 1pipe) and a 1/2 hp pump. I am having problems with lose of pressure when run for a length of time ( varies from 5 min and more). This is an intermittent problem and does not happen at any particular point. To date I have replaced the pump and pressure switch,drained the bladder ( 3 times) and checked pressure (28lbs) and have verified 30/50 switch setting. I have gone over the pipes and replaced all that even looked like the culprit. Note that this unit will work perfectly for a time and than out of nowhere will have this problem. I also have noticed it seems to have air in system at times. I live alone with an occasional overnight from my girlfriend and holidays my children and grandchildren visit . I would love to figure this out before cold weather and/or holiday visitors. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to forget about this 12 foot well and drill a new well that will meet your demands

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks