Shallow well losing pressure ONLY when second sprinkler is turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Tyler Cook

Reaction score
Hello All,
I just took on a shallow well project and if there ever was a wrong way to do something Im a prime candidate. But I have finally succeded in getting it up and running:) The nuts and bolts:

I have a 3/4 HP pump from lowes (pressure set to 30/50)
A 10 Gallon Bladder tank (psi at 27-28)
Static water is a 12ft
1 1/4 Well tip with 3ft screen is at 26ft reduced to a 1 inch at top of screen going up to pump
My 2 inch casing is down to 23ft
This pump will run all day at 43 psi on one sprnikler head but when I turn a second one on it slowly starts to lose pressure and you hear what sounds like bubbles coming up in the draw line.
When i turn everything off it will build back up to cut off (50psi)
I cheked my GPM and its at 6.

Is this all I can hope for at this depth? If I pull up the screen to 20ft will I improve my holding pressure? Or do I need to increase production buy jetting a second well and would it need to be at the same dept as the first to tie them in togather?

I have another well that has drawn at 17ft for 15 years and its only a 1/2 hp pump with a 3/4 draw line and it will run 2 sprinklers all day..

Any suggestins would be appreciated.. THANKS

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks