shallow well jet pump mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

peterng

Reaction score
Good day, bought all I got done tonight was had a beer. That went well.

I don`t know much, but here`s what I can see.

Pump pressure guage reads 40psi. I took the primer cap off, full of water, no pressure. No water coming out of pump and pump not running. Lots of power. I cleaned the contacts. Going down now to see if the tubing to the pressure switch is plugged. Last year I adjusted the pressure switch to shut off around 40psi, though it was set a little higher but can`t remember.

Thing is, there`s no pressure, pressure guages known to go bad are theyÉ
Can I test to see if the impeller is spinning freely without dissasembling the pumpÉ

Diamond 1 1é2hp pump model 313501. It was in the house when we bought it. Age unknown, at least 5 years old.
Thanks,
Pete

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

IF the pressure gauge reads 40 psi and there is no water, that might be the first indication that something is not working right. Remove the pressure gauge. IF it stays at 40 it is defective, if it drops to zero, then the pipe to it, and probably the switch, is clogged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks