shallow jet pump/bladder replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

T_Hartigan

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a Goulds J5S in a shallow well configuration. The pump is located in my basement and functions fine except that it is kind of noisy. I don't know how old it is but the s/n is C992881.

I would love to run a submersible pump, but other than that what would be the best brand of pump to replace this with when it fails that would be quiet/dependable.

Also it sits on top of a bladder tank that I would like to replace someday with a larger one. Any preferable brands?

Thanks.

Tim

Speedbump

Reaction score
I am partial to Betta Flo pumps. And I like Flexcon tanks which come under several different names.

Do you have a three inch or larger well to put this submersible in?

bob...

T_Hartigan

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations.

I believe I have at least a 3" well, It is a converted open well that someone filled in except for a pipe/clay tile in the center, then put a concrete cap on with a manhole cover. The problem is the location in relation to the house and getting power to it. I would have to go under an asphalt driveway or go around the garage. It can be done, but is problably more money than I want to spend.

Anyone ever built any enclosure around a pump in a basement to make it quiter?

Tim

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sammy's idea is best. If you cover the pump so it can't get air flowing through the motor, you could burn it up.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks