Sewer / Water Line Insurance Sponsered by the City

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
This is a 1st...not sure if you guys have this in your part of town.

We (owner) is responsible for the water/sewer line run from main to home.
Just got a letter that stating effective, for $12 every month, should there ever be a break, etc on the exterior water/sewer line, the *protection service* will cover all repairs with a 4 hr onsite plumber guaranteed.

Seems like a okay deal...but well, insurance is insurance.

Does something like this in your part of town ?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That is a new one on me. Not cheap, but you know what the say about insurance....peace of mind...priceless!

Years ago, my parents had insurance on the water heater from the gas company. Whenever the unit died, new one installed within the hour. Yes , they paid a lot for that over the years....and worth every cent!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
99+% of the time people will not need it, and would be better off putting that money in a savings account against the time when they did have a problem. IF you like peace of mind, or have had a problem in the past, then you might want to do it. It would be even more worthwhile if it covered plugged up sewers which it probably does not.

JerseyShore

Reaction score
Here it is $6 per line, per month. I have two meters coming in off one line, $12 per month. $5,000 max payout minus deductible. Better off saving and/or investing that in an emergency fund if needed.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a money maker for the city if they can get enough customers to sign up, because very few would actually need it in any given month but everyone would pay the $12.00. Not as good if they covered stoppages because there would be more of them, but probably still not enough to equal the monthly income.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks