Sewer smell

Users who are viewing this thread

tws3b2

Reaction score
I have a 2000 double wide. In 1 bathroom I have a cabinet with 2 sinks. For the last 2 or 3 years we get a sewer smell that seems to come from under this cabinet. Not all the time. Sometimes it may come 1 time a week, sometimes it may be months apart. It lasts about 1 or 2 hours and then it's gone. In the bath there are 2 sinks in 1 cabinet each with it's own trap and aav, 1 shower, 1 tub with it's own aav, 1 toilet. The toilet is nice and tight, no leak. There are 2 11/2 vents on the roof that seem to be open and clear. The sinks, tub, shower and toilet drain fine with no noise. The bathroom is on the high end of the sewer line, Furthest from the septic tank. The septic tank was emptied one month ago. I have been under, on top of and throughout the the place and can find nothing wrong and no smell. I replaced the aav's 1 year ago. I noticed today when the smell came it had just started raining. Kind of hard but only lasted about 30 mins. I do remember that the last time the smell came " about a week ago " it was raining. No rain between. I do not remember if it was raining any of the other times. I know there have been times of hard rain and no smell. Sounds far out but could hard rain cause atmosphere change that could cause the Keeney aavs to fail? I have another bath and kitchen, both with the same keeney aavs. Never any problems. The Keeney aavs I have cost about $7 at lowes but I see lowes sells another Keeney aav for $25. Could that be the problem, Cheap? But then Why always in that 1 bath, In that 1 cabinet???
Any Help will be Much appreciated

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks