Sewer Gas Smell

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by inspectorjimo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. inspectorjimo

inspectorjimo New Member

I have been noticing a bit of drain or sewer gas smell in both bathrooms, when my wife is washing cloths and
    /or when it is windy outside. it seems to be coming from the tub drains. Not certain where to start looking for cause.
  2. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

Do you USE the tubs/showers/sinks regularly? If not, the traps will dry up and let the gas in. Ive seen it before when the bathroom has 2 sinks but they only use one.

Has the bathroom been "remodeled"? I have seen tubs/showers installed without traps.
  3. inspectorjimo

inspectorjimo New Member

I tried to cover all the basics concerning dry traps, venting, clogged drains. I guess it's time to get a real Plumber to help.