Sewer camera

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
I use drain rods to clear all my drains. On more stubborn jobs I use a contractor with a high pressure jet.It is not cheap and sometimes I have to wait which is a problem.
I see the snake system seems popular in the States. Are these effective? There seem to be alot of questions about broken snakes.
I sometimes have a need for a camera inspection. Due to the poor political situation in my country Our Rand doesnt buy many dollars.
Has anyone got any ideas on making a homemade sewer cam?
Maybe using a reverse cam with some leds in a waterproof housing attached to some drain rods?

Reaction score
I remember a camera a friend made once:

He took a LED flashlight that used a pattern of many led bulbs, and removed the one in the middle and replaced that with a tiny CCD "nanny cam".

The flashlight already makes a good and robust waterproof container.

You'll need to experiment with various camera chips, one that will get the focal point and focus you want, as well as sensitivity to the light source.

Pay attention to the power source for the camera and flashlight, that should be completely external as you can run DC power over a log length of thin gauge wire.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks