Sewer camera

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DONALD JOHNSON, Apr 20, 2011.

1. DONALD JOHNSON

DONALD JOHNSON Plumber

Hello folks, I need help with my black and white rigid kollmann see snake. I think my infrared has went out...I have a pic, then as soon as I go into the pipe I have no pic. is there a fuse somewhere? Nearest Dealer is 60 miles away...Is there a site that I could possible see specs on camera's? The camera has been great for about 8 yrs or so...never no trouble...okay thank you for any info. Respectfully Don Johnson/plumbing contractor.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If you lose the picture as soon as you enter the pipe, that indicates that the LEDs, or whatever illumination it uses, has failed. IF all of them are out, the would imply a power failure or broken wire.
  3. DONALD JOHNSON

DONALD JOHNSON Plumber

Thanks HJ I've contacted Ridgid and thats what there thinking. Now I've just got to figure out how to take it off and ship it to them...they said if it is not worth it they would sell me a refurbished one for 1/3 of the price. I may just opt to get a refurbished one...sewer camera's are so cool....let's everyone know what's going on and helps with the solution instead of a bandaid approach...thanks again HJ for you reply, it's nice to know that i'm not alone out here....Respectfully Don Johnson
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I personally think a color unit is MILES better than a B&W one.