Sewage Pump selection and venting question...

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by audsp98, Mar 17, 2006.

1. audsp98

audsp98 New Member

I'm finishing my basement and I need a sewage pump that will pump up approx. 11 ft to an overhead 4" main waste pipe. Does anyone have any suggestions on a realiable brand of pump? I hear all these names, Little Giant, Zoeller, Liberty, Water Ace...are any of these better than the others? Does it really matter?

On venting...my arrangement in the basement is I have a 2" pipe and a 4" toilet pipe already installed in the floor. The vent pipe for my basement is stubbed almost directly above the 2" pipe. I was planning on running my shower and sink to the 2" and venting straight up. Will I need to run a vent pipe from the tank as well or will the fact that the 2" is connected to the tank be ventalation enough?
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

I would go with the Zoeller and yes the sump pit must be vented as well as all fixtures.
  3. audsp98

audsp98 New Member

Does Water Ace make a good pump. The reason I ask is they are sold by Lowe's and therefore easiest for me to get. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
  4. Cass

Cass Plumber

It may be easier to get but Zoeller is what you want.
  5. sumppumppimp

sumppumppimp New Member

6. prashster

prashster New Member

I went through this process. I got a Flotec (HD) but if I were to do it again, I'd probably get a Zoeller. They are uninamiously endorsed.