Sewage ejector pump

Users who are viewing this thread

jdavidson

Reaction score
So I live in the city and am building backwards from what most would do. I have a small house on my lot that is on sewer and am building a new house/shop now and have to put a pump in. The run is about 210ft with a 20ft head. So there will be a kitchen 3 bath and clothes washer
Ferguson and Keller want to sell me there house brand 3/4hp 110 volt pump with fixed float that can do a 20ft head and a 24x24 tank.

Dean benit pumps wants to sell me a zoeller 284 pump with a none fixed float ( 1hp 220volt) that can do a 30ft head and a 24x60 tank.

Now I could be wrong but if my 2in pipe that is 210ft holds 28gal wouldn't I want a big enough tank so that when it kicks on it pumps enough that all the solids are gone out of the pipe so they don't jam up the 1 way valve and so the pump is not short cycleing all the time as a 24x24 would only hold about 15gal.

wouldn't I want a pump that is not maxed out on head psi meaning going with a 1hp because if I go with the bigger tank then my head would be 23ft not 20ft.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Coming out of the sewage pit and pump, is a gate valve and a check valve. Without the check valve, you would be running the pump day and night.

jdavidson

Reaction score
But what's the best way to go bigger tank or smaller tank and bigger pump or smaller pump with a fixed float

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks