Setting pressure in hot water boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

tombstone

Reaction score
Good Morning ...

On Saturday I finally got around to installing a Runtal basebord radiator as a replacment for a cast iron radiator that was removed for a bathroom remodel a few years ago. I bled everything several times throughout the weekend and am getting good heat from the system but the pressure was at 30 psi this morning when I checked it.

I have an older expansion tank and am planning on isolating it and draining it today after work. The boiler is in the basement and I have a two story cape cod.

Is there anything else I should be looking at? A HVAC guy said the autofill seems to be working. Are there any adjustments that can be made in the autofill?

What should the standing pressure be and what is an acceptable pressure when the boiler is running?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks