Setting Precharge on Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

estone

Reaction score
Newbie.
Switch at 40/60. New "H20W-to by water works" tank precharged at 38psi. I decided to check the pressure on my pressure tank. It was 58psi.
This is all installed stuff mind you. And the pump has filled the tank and stopped at 60.
So I let the air out of the tank to set it at 38. Because I thought there was too much air in the tank. I got to thinking about it. Serious Brain Fart :eek:Duh. It should have been near 60 because it was at the shut off pressure which is where it should have been. Right?

So to get my tank back at 38psi precharge do I drain the water out of the line and tank and then re precharge it to 38 psi?. Then turn the switch back on to my pump.

Help

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
So to get my tank back at 38psi precharge do I drain the water out of the line and tank and then re precharge it to 38 psi?. Then turn the switch back on to my pump.

With the pump off and all the pressure let out of the system by opening a cold-water faucet or a spigot somewhere, there is no need for any additional draining. At that point, simply charge the bladder to 38psi, then turn on the pump and close the open faucet or spigot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks