Septic Tank Full Again

Users who are viewing this thread

gomu

Reaction score
I hope you can help me, i am very frustrated......Obviously i do not know too much about septic tanks, i lived in town my entire live and moved into the country 3 years ago. I just had my septic tank drained out 15 days ago, and last week everything was backed up and the first tank was full again. I also noticed that the aerator was not running but was not sure if this has anything to do with the tank being full again. So I flipped breaker, which wasn’t tripped and went out to check the drain where it empties into the creek. Water was gushing out of the drain and it looked like clean water. Then after a while it began to slow down and looked into the tanks and could see I’m guessing is the pumps and we hadn’t had any problems until today and it all happened again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advanced.!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FIrst off, the normal state of a septic tank is full, but it should only be full of liquids if it was pumped 15-days ago. The liquids and solids go into the tank, the solids gradually sink to the bottom and accumulate if they don't get decomposed, and it is when the solids build up that you need to pump the tank out. The clear(er) liquids then overflow the tank into the distribution box and then go into your leach field...so, some in, some out with each use. If you have a drain backup, it could be that the leach field has failed and can no longer absorb any liquids. This can happen if you haven't pumped the tank often enough and both liquids AND solids get washed out which will eventually plug up the field. Otherwise, there's likely a blockage going INTO the septic tank giving you grief in the house. SO, it may have nothing to do with the state of the tank and leach fields at all, only the pipes to it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks