Selecting a Submersible Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
I have a 100' x 25' building. We are having another very wet summer here in western NY. It is having some serious moisture problems. I can do the obvious exterior adjustments (maintaining gutters, light grade changes and trench work) but cannot afford the major cost of excavating the entire perimeter of the foundation to do drainage work.

This is why I'm considering a trench around the interior of the foundation and directing the water to a hole for a sub. pump. I would drill holes in the concrete blocks 1" above the footer to release the water into the trench. Part of the basement floor is soil and the other part is concrete.

I've never done something like this before, so any advice on this project is very much appreciated.

Thanks for any replys

ecpgroup

Reaction score
i have done a few jobs like this mostly celler dewatering as it can be a big problem with high water tables over here in the uk.

we have done as you say dug around the edges removed 18" of soil filled with gravel to act like a french drain then run it to a low point with a small tank and pump in side just enough to lift it up in to the mains drains.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks