Seeking Parts Source for Shower Spray

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by lenbiedron, Jan 2, 2006.

1. lenbiedron

lenbiedron New Member

I have a bath/shower handheld spray that needs to have the inner plastic tubing replaced, it is leaking. I don't know the brand. On the fitting on one end is stamped "Made in Italy", with a logo like a "V" or a checkmark. It also bears the following...
    ANTI-TOXIC
    ASSE 1014
    ANSI 112181M
    The tubing is blue and says "ANTI-TOXIC" in white on it and the fittings look to be nylon or plastic of some sort. Each end has two parts, each of which look like they lock the blue tube in place when pressed together. However I can't seem to disassemble them, so they may be glued. Is this a hopeless quest? Local plumbing supply people seem to have little interest and offer no help, but this is a really nice brass unit and deserves repair, not replacement.
    Thanx in advance for any help

Please see attached photo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  2. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Small Pictures

You can usually make a picture small if you save it in .gif
  3. lenbiedron

lenbiedron New Member

Thanx Bob. I have added a picture now.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

hose

Some hoses can be repaired in a pinch. They are not designed to be taken apart and repaired and it is usually not cost effective to do so. Buy a new complete hose unit, most are generic, otherwise the tubing may break in a different location.