Seeking light which turns on for 90? seconds when telephone rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Ring voltage would turn itsmallightbulb ON so that one can write something down in the dark.

Found in Fistells Electronics partstore miscellaneous bin manyears ago.
It resembled a low-voltage transformer lamp, I recall.
Telephone line plugged into the device and, I believe, another RJ11 plug continued the line to the telephone.
Battery-operated?

I connected a relay so that it would turn on a 120-volt 25-Watt red bulb in a small table lamp on the bedroom dresser.
Red allows one to see whileyestay [while eyes stay] adjusted to the dark.

When an emergency blood transport call, I could put on my uniform andeave withoutripping over something.
(When home, I would Forward the emergency cell phone to our landline.)

Thank you.

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Google- telephone ringer light
Most are strobes to get your attention. For a steady light if there's wifi alexa with a smart plug for a lamp or

The Clapper, The Original Home Automation Sound Activated Device, On/Off Light Switch, Clap Detection​

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Google- telephone ringer light
Most are strobes to get your attention. For a steady light if there's wifi alexa with a smart plug for a lamp or ...
Thank you.
Yes - strobes or louderingers is all I have found.

Since it was manufactured - not homemade - wonder if the device could somehow be found through online searches.
Whyvas it was even made? To provide some light to see the telephone to answer it? Or lighto write something down?

(Love our Princess® Telephones' lightedials!
Currenthrough a resistor dimly lights the dial all the time - handset switch bypasses the resistor when the handset if lifted and incandescent bulb gets full 6.8 volts.
Or OFF but lights when the handset is lifted.)
The Princess telephones on the toiletanks provide just enough light see in the water closet and powderooom!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks