Seeking any advice on bad smell, PLEASE HELP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hailo

Reaction score
This problem started about 3 years ago. I would get this foul odor while taking a shower. The toilet would not flush right. I called 3 different plumbers to check and fix the problem, but it keeps coming back. The last plumber ran a video thru the main line and used the *auger?* to clear the line. That worked for a year and it was wonderful. But now the horrible smell is back, the toilet is having a hard time just flushing water. Is there anything I can do??? PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEE!

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
If you know the diameter and length of the main line you can check the flow rate and compare it with the expected value. In principle, at least.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The drain and vent system needs to be inspected. You could have a clogged vent or no vent where there should be one.

If the drain is clogging, it could be that it is not pitched properly. A plumber can send a camera down the line to inspect it for bellies, breaks, roots, etc.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cacher_chick has the the best advice. Assuming (a dangerous thing to do) your plumber ran the auger all the way through the drain to the sewer main, it would indicate one of the possible problems listed exists. A camera inspection would be a wise next step. By all means do not use chemicals. They are dangerous and do not work anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks