seeking a handicap height toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Yvonne Feher

Reaction score
In perusing this site I came across only one handicap (17'') toilet. That toilet is a Gerber. I was hoping to find a more quiet toilet. I am replacing a Gerber. Any help will be appreicated. thanx, yvonne

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Almost any model of toilet, from any manufacturer, is available in a 17" high bowl. I don't know what toilet you are referring to as not quiet enough? Is it a pressure assisted flush? Other than pressure assisted, most toilets are not very loud, but not silent either.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Note that the height is of the SEAT when referring to ADA height (which is a range to qualify), which adds around 1.5" or so to the rim height of a toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been selling a lot of the Drake II, and the original ADA Drake for that.
Fairly quiet, and a good flush.
CST454CEFG and CST744EL
I like the CEFIONTECT bowl finish in the Drake II very much, also that it doesn't splash.

I just used a Titan by Eljer this afternoon, and while draining the ileostomy bag, got splashed a bit in the face; doesn't happen with my Toto bowl.

You don't want to be splashed in the face, not a good thing.
A lot of reviews don't mention which toilets can be flushed while sitting, but many people do sit while flushing.
The Toto Drake and Drake II work fine for this.

Last edited:

Yvonne Feher

Reaction score
You are correct. I found the site of Terry Love and that is what I searched as i am interested in a low flush toilet that works. Thank you for your suggestion.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pressure assisted toilets are an attempt to make poorly designed toilets function. In addition to the noise, they tend to shred paper without clearing the bowl, when the pressure assemble goes bad, you will pay the price of a very good new toilet to repair it. Toto does not make a pressure assisted flusher because all of there toilets perform extremely well without it. Gerber does not receive good reviews from participants on this forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks