Second toilet line hits main one in opposite direction of flow to the ejector pumop?

Users who are viewing this thread

ghurty

Reaction score
I have a basement plumbing.jpg where I am putting in two toilets. I need to have an ejector pump as well.

Due to the position of the toilets and support beams, The line where the second toilet meets the first line is heading in the opposite direction of the flow from the toilet. Will this cause issue?

See attached image.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Use an elbow and a wye pointed in the right direction to connect the middle toilet to the line...you need the wye pointed towards the pit or you'll end up with problems by slowing it down and having to change direction, then potentially jamming stuff up it from the left toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Due to the position of the toilets and support beams, The line where the second toilet meets the first line is heading in the opposite direction of the flow from the toilet. Will this cause issue?

Yes

Water always goes down hill and downstream.
You can forget picking up your check this week.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The connection for a second toilet NEVER "has" to connect backwards, and CANNOT do it. You just need a better piping design or a plumber who knows how to do it properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks