Second toilet line hits main one in opposite direction of flow to the ejector pumop?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ghurty, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ghurty

ghurty New Member

I have a basement plumbing.jpg where I am putting in two toilets. I need to have an ejector pump as well.

Due to the position of the toilets and support beams, The line where the second toilet meets the first line is heading in the opposite direction of the flow from the toilet. Will this cause issue?

See attached image.

Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Use an elbow and a wye pointed in the right direction to connect the middle toilet to the line...you need the wye pointed towards the pit or you'll end up with problems by slowing it down and having to change direction, then potentially jamming stuff up it from the left toilet.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yes

Water always goes down hill and downstream.
    You can forget picking up your check this week.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The connection for a second toilet NEVER "has" to connect backwards, and CANNOT do it. You just need a better piping design or a plumber who knows how to do it properly.