second stage regulators, propane application

Users who are viewing this thread

greyhound1

Reaction score
Is there a minimum "distance from the ground" requirement for second stage regulators attached to homes? I had heard that the reason for the minimum height requirement is so snow does not lay to a height that would clog the vent below the regulator. I also heard that if the main pipe attached to the regulator (i.e., the pipe entering the home) is at least 18" off the outside ground, then this is sufficient. I would assume however, that the height requirement would refer to the distance between the bottom of the regulator and the ground directly beneath it. Any code requirements in NFPA? I am referring to a second stage regulator servicing one (1) one hundred gallon tank in lower bucks county, PA. Also, the one hundred gallon tank will not be anywhere near the house or any other structure in violation of the code. My concern is only with reference to the regulator attached to the supply pipe entering the house. Also note that the regulator will be at least 10 feet from the a/c compressor and at least 3 to 5 feet below any widow. There is no crawl space below the point of entry.

I apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum for this question.

Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks