Second Floor, Wet Carpet along outside wall

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by cducasse, Dec 16, 2007.

1. cducasse

cducasse New Member

Hello,
    I have posted here before, and found many to he very helpful. I am having a difficult time getting this resolved. I figured the water on the opposite side of the shower wall, was a shower related leak...I cannot figure out how this works when it's on an outside wall. The other night, we had water seeping in a crack from a window - but nowhere near this. Here is a photos i drew up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The wet carpet extends out approximately 12 inches.

Attached Files:

2. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

I would guess you have a roof leak. You may have an ice dam on your roof. The trapped water will eventually leak behind the exterior wall and soak the carpet.