Seat heights

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by tplarkin7, May 23, 2006.

1. tplarkin7

tplarkin7 New Member

I would like a 12" bowl height toilet. I know that 10" is standard for toddlers, but I have toilet rooms that serve 2 age groups. 2 year olds and 4 year olds. I will use the 10" model for the 2 year olds. But I would prefer a 12" model for the 4 year olds.

I called American Standard, and they don't make 12" bowl height toilets. Can wall mount a toilet at 12"? Do other companies make 12" floor mounted models?

Thanks for your help.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

The standard height is 15" and you could only lower a wall hung toilet until it hit the floor. There is only about an inch under a wall hung toilet at the 15" level, so you could not lower it to much less than 14" or so.
  3. Joerg

Joerg New Member

Please mind older folks as well. Your kids will grow fast but older folks may also become frail really fast. Then comes a time when they just can't get up from those low toilets anymore even with handle bars on the wall. Once I had to install a special "lifter seat" for my inlaws. That was rather expensive but they could not have used the bathroom anymore without it.

When I was young I remember that people had those "seat in a seat" things. It reduced the opening to where young kids could not fall in but usually someone had to lift them up onto the throne.

Regards, Joerg.