Searching for Alcove Tub Shower Compatible Enclosure Components

Users who are viewing this thread

rtyrd_GUY

Reaction score
I am a DIY'er planning to install Kohler K-1107-L-47 Proflex "60x32"x18-1/8" tub in small 5' x 6' bathroom replacing an original tract fiberglass tub shower one piece unit "60x30x72". Would like to use compatible Vikrell or other composite wall set to surround this tub. Don't want to use tile or cheap glue up panels. Prefer direct to stud attachment of prefab panels and finish with tile around border(top and sides). Want convenience of under tub access provided by removable apron(K-1278) feature of the K-1107 to facilitate basin leveling and access to waste lines to P-trap tie in. Want to avoid difficulties involved fitting a tub with intregal apron into small area that may require significant modification of existing drywall and/or door opening and challenges of shimming,leveling basin with repeated tub repositioning. Prefer Acyrlic or strong composite prefab enclosure with backer boards for grab bars but can install stringers on studs myself if backers not provided. Since the tub will be Kohler Almond, I have to get a close color match on the enclosure wall panels. Intend to mount, level and plumb any enclosure surround set to fit inside tile flange that comes intregal on the K-1107. Gotta believe someone else out there has tried to do this or something similar. I would welcome others advice positive or otherwise as to the feasibility of this project. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks