Screened porch

Users who are viewing this thread

Coffee4me

Reaction score
When we bought our house it had an outside patio + roof.
A contractor made it into a screened porch (3 seasons room) last year. He build the patio as big as the roof allowed him to.
Which was a mistake... :eek:

When it's raining, and it's coming from an angle, it's raining inside. Which results in standing water...

I need some ideas how to keep the rain out. We contacted a contractor for some awnings, but he says, it needs a new roof with more overhang. There is nothing wrong with the old roof, and I don't want to pay $3000+ for a new roof.

Anybody any ideas ?
Thanks!

Attachments

• outside 007AA.jpg
    outside 007AA.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 345

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Jalousie Windows

Slope the floor with drains to the outside

You can add a second layer of screen on the outside with some space (maybe 2 inches) and means to drain the dripping water outside. The wind driven rain will be caught on the outside screen and will drip off the outer screen to the foundation where it is not a problem. (Patent Pending)

Chassis

Engineer
Reaction score
Add landscaping/ornamental trees as a screen in front of the prevailing weather window (west maybe). Will help knock down the wind/rain and also provide privacy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks