screaming toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Campercat

Reaction score
When my daughter turned on the shower this morning, the toilet started screaming. :( We took the tank lid off and the gmax popped up above the top of the tank. She had to turn off the water supply to the toilet to stop the shrill sound. I pushed the gmax back down, but when I turn on the water supply to the toilet, the gmax pops up above the top of the toilet tank again, and water keeps running through the tank. I've fixed the tank innards in old 3 gpf toilets, but this gmax thing in my Toto is a new challenge. And what caused the screaming:confused:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's interesting. I have no idea, but I'm sure Terry or one of the other pros will have an answer. Sunday is often a bit slow on the forum, so hang tough. My guess is Terry is skiing today.

Campercat

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. There was a small piece of white plastic in the bottom of the tank. Using the diagram for the Korky flush system, I figured out where to install the lock, but to no avail, the mechanism still pops up when the water fills the tank. I took the G-max apart and rinsed it out (it wasn't dirty) just to see if that might help. It didn't. Nothing appears to be broken.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks