SCH80 pvc cement and primer question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mckeand13, Sep 3, 2010.

1. mckeand13

mckeand13 Engineer

Jan 27, 2007
    Orono, MN
    I will be installing a new fiberglass pressure tank. The in/out connections are 1 1/4†socket weld pvc. I’m planning on gluing some sch80 1 ¼†to ¾†NPT bushings in so I can make my connections with copper.

Does sch80 gray pvc require any different primer & cement versus sch40 white? I’ve only done DWV before. I have the Oatey Handi pack which contains their PVC Regular Clear Cement and Purple Primer – NSF listed.

Want to make sure I get this right.

2. Jerome2877

Jerome2877 In the Trades

Aug 25, 2009
    Yes the product states up to 2" pipe for sch 80 just make sure to leave to dry for 12hrs for a proper cure before charging the system.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    IT should work, but the can will also have the specifications for the materials and schedules it works on.