Saved on the Well Drilling, Getting hammered on pump install,,,Need some input.

Users who are viewing this thread

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
craigpump,

I'd rather have it and the controls in the basement.

"Elevation loss" on PSI suppling to the upstairs shower head.

Now let's add a filter and some water treatment devices down in that basement. What do you think my PSI loss is going to be to the shower head while it's running? Make sure you have enough drawdown on your pressure tank size to compensate for the higher water pressure setting on the pressure switch. (45-65) up to (50-70) if you have a second story house with a shower head.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Now let's add a filter and some water treatment devices down in that basement. What do you think my PSI loss is going to be to the shower head while it's running? Make sure you have enough drawdown on your pressure tank size to compensate for the higher water pressure setting on the pressure switch. (45-65) up to (50-70) if you have a second story house with a shower head.

I agree 50/70 is better for shower pressure in an upstairs room. However, even better than continually cycling between 50 and 70 would be 60 PSI constant from a CSV. And I also agree that even with a CSV when using higher pressure like 50/70, a larger pressure tank is needed, like using a 10 gallon size tank rather than the 4.5 gallon tank.

You may even want to adjust the CSV higher than 60 PSI constant, and the pressure switch higher than 50/70. If the water lines to the shower are insufficient for the flow required, you can make up for that by increasing the pressure. If at flow you have 20 PSI loss through the filters and water lines, you can set the CSV for 80 and adjust the pressure switch to 70/90. Then you would still get 60 PSI constant to the shower head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks