Sauna Heater Rewire

Users who are viewing this thread

Brightest Bulb

Reaction score
Have a 220V, 30amp sauna heater with 2 elements (have the resistance, just not with me)& the switch is worn out.

This is a nice unit except the thermostat & timer/switch are mounted on the unit itself.

What I would like to do:

Do away with the current wiring config & mount a switch and thermostat control on the outside wall.

Question:

Is there a source at a reasonable price for what I'm looking for? As I see it, besides wire, I need a thermostat and a switch? I think the switch will be easy to find.

I tried a couple of sauna suppliers & they are useless unless I want something off the shelf with no modifications.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Just get replacement parts and leave it was designed. Messing around with it may fail or not work right and someone may get cooked inside the unit.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Most thermostats will need to be inside the space you are controlling the temperature of. You will need a line voltage thermostat with an external sensing bulb to control a separate contactor to cycle the heating element. It might be less money and trouble to get the parts for the original unit.

Last edited:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
There will surely be something to meet your needs from the greenhouse climate control industry ...

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
Have a 220V, 30amp sauna heater with 2 elements (have the resistance, just not with me)& the switch is worn out.

This is a nice unit except the thermostat & timer/switch are mounted on the unit itself.

What I would like to do:

Do away with the current wiring config & mount a switch and thermostat control on the outside wall.

Question:

Is there a source at a reasonable price for what I'm looking for? As I see it, besides wire, I need a thermostat and a switch? I think the switch will be easy to find.

I tried a couple of sauna suppliers & they are useless unless I want something off the shelf with no modifications.
If the manufacture of your system does not have an external set up then one should not be attempted

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This type of thing has a UL safety rating...changing things out and not maintaining the tested configuration could be dangerous to both you and your wallet should something happen. Lawyers are always looking for some excuse to blame the other guy -you don't want it to be you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks