Saturday Night...

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, it's Saturday night and maybe it's time to stir the pudding.
I'm pretty sure that the average plumber is three times a smart as the average electrician, HVAC guy, Carpenter, tile setter, and Phd in English literature.
What say you?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may have a point there.
I did have to draw up plans for my father on his remodel, who only had a doctors degree in law. The law degree wasn't much help for construction though.
And then I did plumbing for my brother in DC who only has a Masters at Harvard and went to Princeton for a doctors. He flew me out to do some service work at his home. And then I do plumbing for my sister that only has a Masters in English. Well......maybe a few other masters too, but in other topics.
But I don't know about the others. Sparky's are pretty smart. And I don't dare mess with the framers on my jobs. If you say bad things to the tile guys they can dump grout down your pipes. Nope, I'm saying they are very smart!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
what you got going on these days Terry???
you Dating any hot chicks right now or are you steady
with the same lady??
Yes and yes. I'm dating a hot chick.

lake_dorothy_03.jpg

lake_22_02.jpg

Last edited:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
All kidding aside, I've worked around people in all the trades who were quite good at what they do. And yes, Terry, I've had my work sabotaged by folks in the other trades. Tile people hereabouts are especially grumpy. Concrete people hate those inconvenient pipes sticking up in their way pouring a slab. Had to deal with a carpenter one time who made it a point to insult all the following tradesmen by calling them "termites". They were drilling holes in his wood, I guess. I went about my business and let him carry on. All mouth.
It does take a decent skill set to do plumbing work. The ability to soak up aggravation not the least among them.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
All kidding aside, I've worked around people in all the trades who were quite good at what they do. And yes, Terry, I've had my work sabotaged by folks in the other trades. Tile people hereabouts are especially grumpy. Concrete people hate those inconvenient pipes sticking up in their way pouring a slab. Had to deal with a carpenter one time who made it a point to insult all the following tradesmen by calling them "termites". They were drilling holes in his wood, I guess. I went about my business and let him carry on. All mouth.
It does take a decent skill set to do plumbing work. The ability to soak up aggravation not the least among them.

plumbers have to be diplomats, salesman, book-keepers, and baby sitters to their employees,
Also they have to be psychiatrists dealing with the crooked building contractors, wackey customers ,
employees and all the other trades.

They have to make out the payroll ,
and they have to be like loan shark bill collectors for all the skumbags that play the games every month.
the list goes on and on.....

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
She does make me take her dancing, hiking and to plays. But I'm doing those things anyway.

Well, she is probably better for you than you realize.....

she is keeping you clean shaven and civilized , and if you did not have her
around to keep you on your toes, you would probably go down hill fast......

you know the old saying about old plumbers.......

old plumbers dont die, they just smell that way......

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I just played a softball game tonight. It was our Summer league playoffs.
Three hits, one of them being a triple. We lost by two runs. Pam came out to watch, and then afterwards went to the Liquid Lime for karaoke. Sang the Love Shack by the B-52's with Pam.
Friday night my son Jamie plays there with his band. http://longstride-music.com/

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks