Santa Rosa

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by DelmanAllen, Jan 8, 2006.

1. DelmanAllen

DelmanAllen New Member

We're considering installing Kohler Santa Rosa one-piece toilets in our new home because we like the way they look and they aren't much of a price upgrade from the toilets the builder has spec'd. However, after reading some of the comments here, we don't want to regret our decision regarding poor performance. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]
    Kohler K-3323-0 toilet in white, side view

2" Flush valve
    Kohler Ingenium Flush
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

I also am looking for details about improvements that Kohler has made since the problems they had.
  3. Cal

Cal New Member

Pro opinon ----

Kohler One piece toilets always wind up sucking ! Go with Vitra or Toto

two piece. They will give you a long time of good service !

Cal
  4. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

Is their an advantage of having a two piece toilet in general?
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Kohler Santa Rosa has a 2" flush valve.
    The trapway also takes a right angle turn downward.
    There's better stuff out there, but there are plenty of these installed too.

No, the advantage is to the one-piece.

It installs right out of the box,
    Slightly quieter,
    Easier to clean, no joint between tank and bowl.
    No leak worries between tank and bowl.
    They come with a nice seat.
    Toto makes the Ultimate which sells on the street for $399 in elongated
    and the Ultramax for $434 in elongated.

These both come with a 3" flush valve.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  6. RedHouse

RedHouse New Member

It's A Good Toilet!

I personally have had a very good experience with this toilet. No clogs in 4+ years with this toilet. Use of toilet by 20+ guests per day. Easy to clean with great bowl wash. Stylish and one piece. Has a high water level.
  7. RedHouse

RedHouse New Member

The Ultimate flushes 325 grams. The Santa Rosa flushes 500. I'd go with the Santa Rosa.
  8. Jerome2877

Jerome2877 In the Trades

Well if he still hasn't picked one since 2006 then I'm sure he's grateful for this great advice!
  9. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Toto Ultimate at 325 grams when they used to flush with paste didn't plug in two years.
    The Kohler Cimarron Class five at 650 grams with plastic wrapped test media plugged weekly in the same bathroom.

The Santa Rosa in the picture above was taken out of a home after the other bathroom had a Toto Ultramax installed.
    They quit using the Santa Rosa bathroom, because of the plugging and switched out everything to the Toto Ultramax toilets.
    This is what the customers were telling me at least.

The Toto Ultramax has a MaP of 700 grams,
    In my church we have two Drake ADA 900 grams, four Toto Ultramax 700 grams, four Toto Ultimate 325 grams and all of them flush well in commercial use.

What hadn't been working, was the five gallon American Standard Cadet toilets. The Cadet toilets plugged often.

The MaP is a test done by an engineer. Frankly, I find that the "real world" is not the same.
    I believe in home testing to find out how they really perform.
    An engineer doesn't care if water splashes all over your bottom, most people find this offensive being hit with toilet water when sitting. And if you are a guy reading that statement, turn and ask your wife how she feels about it. She'll clue you in. What else do you not know about women?