SaniFlo Question...

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Rastus, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Rastus

Rastus New Member

We have an attached single car garage that the previous owner converted into a sewing/hobby room. The room has a countertop w/ a sink that has a 2" drain.

Does anyone know if the Saniflo system will allow me to utilize that current 2" drain for the Saniflo waste water? I know depending on the model the discharge pipe diameter is either 1†or 3/4â€. Logic would indicate that a 2†drain would suffice but I know very little about plumbing.

Thanks,
    Rastus
  2. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

The instructions for the Saniplus say that it must discharge into a 3" stack.Also,the toilet must be vented to the atmosphere (no AAVs allowed.)
  3. thegallery

thegallery New Member

I receive my saniplus system tomorrow. As far as venting they say in their literature that all US codes require venting. But, at the same time, in every single picture I can find relating to their system, including both promotional images and customer's installs, the vent hole is plugged and no pipe is near it. (it actually comes plugged; you have to saw the cap off to access it).

I know if I call them they'll tell me the same thing, but I wonder what the deal is? If these systems must need venting then why is no one venting them?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007