Sandpoint question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rollin

Reaction score
So I'm in a new place that has a sandpoint. Ive tried many things now, other than pulling it out to see if its clogged, or driving it down deeper. Here is what I've done so far as to get it going.. I've added a length of pipe past the discharge for more water prime. added a Tee below the check valve (intake side) in hopes it would draw water easier. This tee has a ball valve so I can add water to the intake side with a hose. I'm in an area where the watertable is high and in abundance. I'm curious if my neighbour has sucked it all towards his pump, about 50ft away! (cant see that being it!).. should i try driving it deeper or pull it, clean it and start again. I've attached a picture. Its a 3/4 HP motor... Thanks for any help!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpeg
    IMG_5092.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 416

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have your well pipe driven through the bottom of your sump pit?

I think you are implying that you are not pumping water from the well when you prime and then run the pump. Regarding your new tee, if you hook that connection up to a hose and dip that hose into a bucket of water, does water get sucked from the bucket?

I would think you might find a vacuum gauge you could hook to that port to help troubleshoot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks