Sand in well

Users who are viewing this thread

FiveyRanch

Reaction score
Thanks for all the reply's. The 50% mesh size is 100 with a range from 50-200. The well is behaving exactly as his second one where the gravel pack failed. I think that he did not get gravel over the entire sand or there is a bridge somewhere.
It is on a timer now for 4 days with 2hrs on and 2 hrs off. No change. I run it through a Lakos sand separator to keep track of the sand. About 1 inch of sand in the btm of a 5 gallon bucket over a few hours of flowing
I have already paid him for the first well and the second "dry hole" and I will not pay for a third. He should be able to provide me with a mechanically sound well free of sand but he can't guarantee water quality which is ok.
He jetted the well for 2 days with a 50 hp compressor last week....no change.
I asked him about the Lakos Sub K and sent him the information and he said it won't work...gave me no reason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks