CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

What do you like/notice about Sangloss - CeFiONtect bowl glaze? check all that apply

• Bowl stays cleaner longer

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • More sterile

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Water slides smoother

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • I would buy this again

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

kc567567

Reaction score
Terry said:
Any of the liquid bowl cleaners should work. I've been using the Clorox with Teflon.

With 1.6 gallons, you will be cleaning more than with the older 3.5's and 5.0's

So with an Ultramax with CEFIONTECT one should NOT use the usual powdered cleaners like comet ..... correct?

WatFallet

Reaction score
Not using powdered cleaners

I'm interested in a reply to the post above, as I'm deciding whether to get my Toto Drake with or without Sanigloss.

I imagine even without Sanigloss the powder cleaners like Comet might be too harsh?

kc567567

Reaction score
watfallet said:
I'm interested in a reply to the post above, as I'm deciding whether to get my Toto Drake with or without Sanigloss.

I imagine even without Sanigloss the powder cleaners like Comet might be too harsh?

I got the Ultramax and a Toto sink, and am very happy. Cleaning is not needed as often, and is easier when needed. They seem to have a higher gloss shine to them as well which is nice looking.
KC

mainbath020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

homehunter808

Reaction score
Am I the only one having issues with CEFIONTECT?

I bought two Soirees about 8 months ago. While they flush beautifully, there is no solid waste so soft or so firm that it will not CLING to the bowl. The it's either repeated flushing with great gobs of paper or getting out the brush. Disgusting. I got over the absurd sound effects (water trickling sounds like you're peeing after you've stopped), resigned myself to the back-splash (insert image of a cow and a flat rock here) and the fact that the toilet seat extends about 1/2" beyond the porcelain, just enough for my clothes to catch and lift the seat as I stand up and then slamming back down (apparently the soft-close requires a greater lift than 1-2" to activate), but having to clean this toilet every time is turning out to be more frequently aggravating than the old junk American Standards that I had to plunge once or twice a week. I'm a long time Toto fan, but these toilets were an expensive OOPS. I sure wish to heck there were a way to try before you buy!

jeffdt

Reaction score
Can this seriously be called a poll? All the responses would have to positive towards CEFIONTECT. Seems as if there are many responses to CEFIONTECT that are less then glowing. I too overpaid for a marketing ploy.

Jeff

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake II comes with CEFIONTECT / CeFiONtect
CST454CEFG

Or like you mention, the Drake CST744ELG can be ordered in lots of 30
What can also be gotten is the Ultramax ADA with CEFIONTECT
MS854114ELG
I've sold a few of those.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.stayhotbathtubs.com
Any of the liquid bowl cleaners should work

This is incorrect. I just spoke with my rep last week on how to approach this with customers. She says to not even use liquid bowl cleaners, as the abrasive chemicals can slowly rough the ion glaze. She says to use dish soap. She also told me that Toto wants to change its focus on CEFIONTECT as a more sanitary option rather than "ease of cleaning" product.

Every toilet needs regular cleaning. Even with Cyclone Flushing, Toto still expect you to use a toilet brush for regular cleaning.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.
The Vespin comes with a standard 12" adapter or you can order a 10" or 14" adapter depending on your rough-in distance.

55wed55

Reaction score
CEFIONTECT is gone in bowl

I bought 2 Ultramax toilets with CEFIONTECT about 4 years ago and have been very happy with them. I have always used Softscrub with bleach to clean them and have not had any problems. Last year we took a vacation and had someone stay at our house to house sit for a few weeks. I have no idea what they used to clean the one toilet that they used, but the SanaGlosss is completely gone where the water sits. Do you have any idea what could have caused this? That part of the toilet is very rough now and stains very easily. It also has a yellow tint that won't come out and always looks like someone just used it. I'm thinking about buying another Ultramax and replacing it, but I will not get the CEFIONTECT this time. Be careful with what you use to clean your CEFIONTECT!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
CEFIONTECT is no softer nor harder than a regular glaze. ANything that damaged it would damage a normal glaze. Hard to say what happened, could be a strong acid, or cleanser. Either of those would also damage a normal glaze.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bowl I have downstairs was installed in 2006; it looks new and still shines.
I use the standard liquid cleaners on it.

I have seen people try to use a toilet do dump paint, floor adhesive, concrete mortar and lint from carpets.
None of those things would be good to do.

toto-bowl-cleaning.jpg

Last edited:

Jdjd

Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but felt I had to comment ...

I purchased 2 CS744EG#1 a few years ago. I was looking for 2 things - no clogging and a clean bowl with the CEFIONTECT .

To date, there has been zero clogging. Great!

However, the CEFIONTECT does NOT result in a clean flush. Close to 100% of the time, there are skid marks left that require the use of a toilet brush followed by, most of the time, a second flush to get rid of the particles. No, this is not a diet issue.

I plan to purchase another Toto, and was wondering if the G-Max flush system in the CST744SG model might be better for cleaning the toilet bowl?

Any comments?

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Not necessarily. The Drake CST744SL can still get above water spots. Underwater streaking usually disappears upon a subsequent urine flush. I use a soft bristle toilet brush and dish washing detergent to clean away the spots before they harden and become harder to remove later. On average, maybe once every two weeks do I need to use the brush.

You can probably convert the 1.28gpf to 1.6gpf by just changing two parts in the bowl, the fill valve and the flapper. With the shorter bowl it may help a little, though, but don't expect miracles.

JMac

Reaction score
Seeing as somebody else brought this thread back to life, I will go ahead and add my comment.
I have only had my Toto CST454CEFG (Drake II, ADA, 1.28gpf, elongated, CEFIONTECT) since just after the first of the year, so can't speak for longevity, but the only time I have had to pull out the plunger was when the offering to the porcelain god was beyond imagination. And for cleaning, I just use dish soap and a toilet brush once a week, and most of the time it probably didn't even need even that (I do have water issues, so I am trying to avoid that from getting a foothold here).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks