San Tee location for drop in bathroom sink?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by JustAHomeOwner, May 31, 2014.

1. JustAHomeOwner

JustAHomeOwner Member

Running from a short trap arm with a wall stub out, would it matter if a 2" x 1 1/2" (bull) san tee has a 2" street L connecting it to a horizontal run or should the san tee be higher before transitioning from vertical to horizontal? The 2" horizontal run at the sink ends with a 90 that tops out 9" off the finished floor so there's room to place the san T higher. Should I bother or is lower, better?
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Technically, since it should be a "long turn 90" and they do NOT make those as street ells, you can't do it anyway. You CAN, however, use long turn 90 and a "street tee" in to it. I am not sure what you mean by a "bull" sanitary tee, because that designation in most cases derives from how it is installed, or one that has the two ends smaller than the center opening which only occurs in ONE specific drainage fitting, and could NOT be used with a street ell BELOW it.
  3. JustAHomeOwner

JustAHomeOwner Member

Sorry 'bout that, I meant 2" run, 1 1/2" bull... to the trap. I can use a long sweep 90 there, TY for that. From your experiences, better to locate the stub out for a trap arm low as possible or just any height below the trap will do?
  4. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

I think you did not write what you meant. The stub out will be not be below the trap, and it will mostly determine how high the trap is located.

From watching what people post, it seems to be important to leave room for easily dropping the trap later without having to cut a hole in the shelf below it. huge3a.jpg Picture snipped from one in http://www.terrylove.com/forums/sho...-quot-Trap-or-which-is-the-better-alternative