San Tee location for drop in bathroom sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Running from a short trap arm with a wall stub out, would it matter if a 2" x 1 1/2" (bull) san tee has a 2" street L connecting it to a horizontal run or should the san tee be higher before transitioning from vertical to horizontal? The 2" horizontal run at the sink ends with a 90 that tops out 9" off the finished floor so there's room to place the san T higher. Should I bother or is lower, better?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Technically, since it should be a "long turn 90" and they do NOT make those as street ells, you can't do it anyway. You CAN, however, use long turn 90 and a "street tee" in to it. I am not sure what you mean by a "bull" sanitary tee, because that designation in most cases derives from how it is installed, or one that has the two ends smaller than the center opening which only occurs in ONE specific drainage fitting, and could NOT be used with a street ell BELOW it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout that, I meant 2" run, 1 1/2" bull... to the trap. I can use a long sweep 90 there, TY for that. From your experiences, better to locate the stub out for a trap arm low as possible or just any height below the trap will do?

Reach4

Reaction score
From your experiences, better to locate the stub out for a trap arm low as possible or just any height below the trap will do?
I think you did not write what you meant. The stub out will be not be below the trap, and it will mostly determine how high the trap is located.

From watching what people post, it seems to be important to leave room for easily dropping the trap later without having to cut a hole in the shelf below it. huge3a.jpg Picture snipped from one in https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...-quot-Trap-or-which-is-the-better-alternative

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks