Ruud power vent 2???

Users who are viewing this thread

twilbanks

Reaction score
A snow drift blocked the outside vent and our Ruud Power Vent 2 water heater quit. The led indicator flashes 4 times, and the key interprets this as "press SW open". What do I do?
I turned the gas off at the control panel of the water heater for now. What next?

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
A snow drift blocked the outside vent and our Ruud Power Vent 2 water heater quit. The led indicator flashes 4 times, and the key interprets this as "press SW open". What do I do?
I turned the gas off at the control panel of the water heater for now. What next?

Kill the power to the tank and turn it back on a minute later. If you have all the venting clear now it should fire up.

twilbanks

Reaction score
Killed the power. Plugged it back in and the vent motor started up, and then continued to cycle on and off. Finally it shut down again and started giving me the same 4 led flashes. I went back outside to the vent that had been covered buy the snow drift, unhooked the elbow pvc, and there was snow blocking the pipe--the wind must have pushed it up in there. Unblocked it and unplugged it and it started right up. Thanks a million!

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Killed the power. Plugged it back in and the vent motor started up, and then continued to cycle on and off. Finally it shut down again and started giving me the same 4 led flashes. I went back outside to the vent that had been covered buy the snow drift, unhooked the elbow pvc, and there was snow blocking the pipe--the wind must have pushed it up in there. Unblocked it and unplugged it and it started right up. Thanks a million!

No problem! Glad you got it fixed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks