Rusty Water after moving Point

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawn24

Reaction score
Hi, about 5 years ago I put a new pump into my house and changed the drive point (sand point) at the same time. When I pulled up the old point it broke off and didnt make it out of the hole. So we moved over about a foot and pounded a new hole. Ever since we did that our water has been rusty, I cant see it being the old point doing it because it wasnt causing any problems before it broke off.

Only difference is we are maybe a foot and a half or 2 feet higher then we were before.

Any ideas?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Yes, whenever you don't know for sure, don't rule out anything.

What type of pipe is the old point? How about the new one?

Any galvanized fittings?

Have you have a water test for pH and iron at least?

Do you have any slime at or below the water line in any toilet tank?

Any odor in the water?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Differences in depth can contain more/less minerals of differing types. You may have picked up the iron from not going as deep as the last one.

It could also be simply the fact that you disturbed the system by turning off the pump letting the pressure go to zero and letting some air enter the piping. All these things loosen up mineral that has built up on the pipes over the years. Now they are flaking off and making your water look rusty. It may clear up if you give it some time. Or try running all cold faucets full blast for a while until the water is clear.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks