Rusted out Cast Iron Sewer Trap

Users who are viewing this thread

VSR

Reaction score
Folks,
Have a very old colonial farm house with cast iron plumbing...I have a 4" cast iron trap in the basement that is connected to my city sewer line that has rusted out completely.I applied a very large bandage to this rusted out section but would like to come up with a permanent fix.I had a plumber look at it and he backed off ....he was afraid of damaging the sewer line that exits the house.My question is can I replace this trap with a plastic and fernco fittings or do you suggest otherwise..........thanx for your time...VSR

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

You might contact a REAL plumber next time. Any competent plumber would be able to eliminate that trap, (which is what we usually do. We do not replace it), very, or at least somewhat, easily.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks