rusted dome on wx202

Users who are viewing this thread

astro

Reaction score
While replacing rusted, leaking pipes to wx202 pressure tank, I noticed the lower dome appeared to be rusting through and what I think is the liner is starting to show. I told my cousin(who's house I was working at) that it should be replaced relatively soon, however, I couldn't tell him the urgency of the situation as this is not something I work on much. Is this a problem that should be handled in days or can it wait a month or so. It's probably been like this for a while now. Thanks in advance for your opinions. Dennis

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
It's kind of like a hot water tank. . . it's OK until it blows, but you never know when it will blow. If shows to be rusting really means nothing. When it starts leaking it will go quickly. If it looks like it's going bad I'd replace it to be safe.

astro

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for the reply, porky. while i think its just the beginning stages , i'll recommend my cous replace it, as he's out of town a lot and neither a drain or sump nearby, i'd hate to see the result if it goes while he's away!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks