Running 2 Taco zone pumps off one Taco controler

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by tom3holer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. tom3holer

tom3holer New Member

Hi,

I just had a new heating system installed in my home. It is a boiler/baseboard system with 5 zones.
    I have now discovered the installer really didn't have a clue as to what I really needed. He did no heat loss study and just assumed the old boilers rating was what I needed. I have ended up with a system that is probably 2x the BTU's that I need which causes it to short cycle much of the time.
    One of the things I have read that I can do to help this expensive screwup is to have more heat load. If I combine two of the three zones on the first floor that should help. Does anyone know if you can run two Taco 007-FS-71FC punps from one zone on a Taco SR-504 zone controler?

Thanks,

Tom
  2. ShockHazard

ShockHazard New Member

You can pull up to 1/3 hp per zone on that controller.
    I'd reccomend simply getting a larger pump.

Your pumps are 1/25 hp.

Make sure the temperature ranges on the aquastat are set far apart - this will reduce cycling and often add to efficiency.