Running 2 Taco zone pumps off one Taco controler

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom3holer

Reaction score
Hi,

I just had a new heating system installed in my home. It is a boiler/baseboard system with 5 zones.
I have now discovered the installer really didn't have a clue as to what I really needed. He did no heat loss study and just assumed the old boilers rating was what I needed. I have ended up with a system that is probably 2x the BTU's that I need which causes it to short cycle much of the time.
One of the things I have read that I can do to help this expensive screwup is to have more heat load. If I combine two of the three zones on the first floor that should help. Does anyone know if you can run two Taco 007-FS-71FC punps from one zone on a Taco SR-504 zone controler?

Thanks,

Tom

ShockHazard

Reaction score
You can pull up to 1/3 hp per zone on that controller.
I'd reccomend simply getting a larger pump.

Your pumps are 1/25 hp.

Make sure the temperature ranges on the aquastat are set far apart - this will reduce cycling and often add to efficiency.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks