Rough Plumbing Double Vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Okay, helping buddy remodel master bathroom. Placing a double vanity on a wall near where the shower was previously. So, have access to a 2" drain that we've already made a hole into sill plate for. Also there is no problem going up from there to attic and tying into vent up and out through the roof. So far so good? As I understand we should install a double fixture cross in the wall, it goes down to a Ptrap(previous shower Ptrap located within about 3 or 4 feet) and up to vent in attic. 2" drain lines go from double fixture tee to each sink, with a reducer to 1 1/2" thin wall pipe, ptrap and up to sink drain for each sink?

Basing above on this pic, only piece I am missing is from rough pipe coming out for each sink to the actual sink drain, which I think I have documented above as to the correct way to do this? Do we even need Ptrap below floor now that I think about it if we have ptraps under vanities for each sink? Or better worded do we have the option of A) placing a single 2" ptrap below floor for both sinks to utilize or B) no ptrap below floor, ptraps for each sink?

lav_rough_double_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can't have a p-trap in the floor.
The old shower trap needs to be removed.
Each lav will have a p-trap, which in turn will drain into a trap-arm.

Reaction score
Okay makes sense traps under sinks, get rid of trap under floor. I assume I step down from 2" to 1 1/2 at the trap-arm to p-trap connection? I assume it should be 1 1/2 p-trap and tail piece.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Connecting two lavatories together using a "continuous waste" is a 'hack job'. Do it correctly, and good plumbing practice includes installing a cleanout fitting in the vertical line beneath the double fixture fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks