Rough In

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by steelcable97, Mar 18, 2008.

1. steelcable97

steelcable97 New Member

I want to replace two toilets.

The rough in distances are 11in for the first, and 13 1/2 for the other.

I want to get an American Standard Cadet 3. Can I use a 12 inch rough in?

Thanks.
  2. krow

krow Plumber

The absolute minimum roughin to a finished wall for a cadet 3 is 11 1/4" (this will be very tight, but will fit)
    . However, a good plumber will make an 11" roughin fit. You can steal/cheat from the bowl and tank installation
  3. Johnnie_Rocket

Johnnie_Rocket New Member

I've seen offset flanges in home stores that look like it sets the flange a little further (or closer) to the wall. Can this be a solution? I've used my new Cadet 3 a few more times and still like it but buyers should be aware of a potential for poor china build tolerance.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  4. krow

krow Plumber

Thats a possible solution, assuming you have access to the vertical part of the drain and you have enough depth/space between your new offset flange and the existing 90 degree fitting below the floor. This flange will allow you to gain up to 1 1/2"