"rough in" questions

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by the pelon, Mar 3, 2008.

1. the pelon

the pelon New Member

Hello all, I was refered to this forum by my good friends at the John Bridge site. I am in the process of a shower remodel. here is my plan: Install a new 3/4" thermo valve on the incoming 3/4 hot and cold lines. Stub out of the thermo valve with 3/4" and then "T" into 1/2". 1 line going into a 1/2" contol valve to feed shower head on one wall and the other 1/2 line to another control valve on the opposite wall for a hand held shower head. Any issues so far??
    Now to some finer points. What are some thoughts on the Kholer Mastershower products, valves ect. I am looking for something that wont break the bank, but don't want to tear into my tile wall in a year later to repair the themo valve or control valves. Is there a better way to run 2 shower heads without using a therostatic valve and control valves or is this pretty much standard. Is there a concern with thermo valves that hot water may "syphon" off into adjoining cold water sources such as faucets, toilets ect. Well, enough for now!!!:D Thanks in advance, Pete
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

:)Just a tip here. You only need to post a question in one place on this forum. Just select the section that seems to be the most logical for you question.
  3. the pelon

the pelon New Member

sorry Gary, still learning :confused: