Rough in move done

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by snokel, Feb 3, 2014.

1. snokel

snokel Member

Just finished moving my basement rough in a couple of feet over to clear beam and hvac.
    The shower drain moved over about 2.5 feet and I had to add a dry vent because it was more than 8 feet from the
    wet vent. The string is the plumb bob I used to position the vents so they will be in the wall which will incorporate the
    the 3.5 inch rigidlam beam.

The Water closet and lav wet vent is exactly the same except moved over to clear the beam and hvac.

I used a combo on the wet vent because it sat just a bit lower than using a wye and 45 combo.

Did 3 days of research and I think it will pass inspection (which is tomorrow).

I adjusted the pitch a bit and dumped 5 gallons of water down each drain and no problems.

comments?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Hammerlane

Hammerlane Member

Looks like it will pass with flying colors
  3. snokel

snokel Member

Thanks, I hope so. Now I just have to haul the bags of concrete down for a pour this weekend :)

The water closet rough is a bit more than 12 inches, about 13.5 that should be ok though. I kind of like the tank a bit further from the wall, makes it easy
    to paint back there :)
  4. Hammerlane

Hammerlane Member

did you just use the sledge to break up the concrete or did you rent a jackhammer
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It's nice to see a homeowner rough in that we can give two thumbs up on!
  6. Hammerlane

Hammerlane Member

Yeah separate vents...no flat vents. That deserves the two thumbs up.

But where and how is the lav plumbed in? Is he hiding something???
  7. snokel

snokel Member

Yes, I used a 4lb and a 12lb sledgehammer and a cold chisel to bust it all up. Took about 6 hours to break up including the hauling of the chunks.
    I cheated on hauling the chunks out, I just threw it all out the egress window on the mulch bed and will haul away in the spring when the snow is gone :)

oh, I also used a hammer drill to drill holes around the perimeter to control cracking and that mostly worked, I had to open it up more than I wanted because
    the shower drain was close to the wall and it just hairline cracked like crazy in that area so I just opened it up to the wall, not a big deal since we are in a deep
    freeze here in wisc right now and the form a drain is bone dry. will feel better when it's filled back in though :)
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  8. snokel

snokel Member

Here is the original setup before I took out the gravel:
    I accidentally cracked the wet vent behind the WC and that's what that red tape is sealing up :)

Attached Files:

9. snokel

snokel Member

Thanks Terry, I have to say I was stressed out about this for days before actually doing it:) Doing plenty of research before hand really helps :)
  10. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Have you talked to your inspector? More often than not in WI you will be required do do a stack test or pressure test to prove the integrity of your connections.
  11. snokel

snokel Member

Yep, I have been talking to him.

He came over yesterday and it all passed.

I asked him about the testing and he said they normal don't require that for home owner installs unless it's a "lot" of pipe being put down.