Rough-in drain heights

Users who are viewing this thread

anton

Reaction score
what is the correct rough-in drain height for a kitchen sink that will have a disposal?

also....

what is the rough-in drain height for a vanity?....

and....my last question....today...

what is the correct height for a washing machine outlet box?....we are install a stackable washer and dryer...full size.....

thanx, in advance.....

Ontario Plumber

Plumber
Reaction score
I would rough in a kitchen with disposal at around 15 inches.
Vanity at around 18 inches.
Usually have washing machine box at around 42 inches as the standpipe is required to be at least 2 feet, and be above the flood level rim of washing machine.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That is sort of like asking how high is up...on the kitchen sink, it really depends on how deep the sink is and what else is going on in there.

The vanity, depends on if there are shelves or drawers in there and the sink you choose. Note too, not all vanities are the same height, they vary from maybe 29" to where some people use kitchen counter height cabinets at 36", so the height there can vary a lot. Use a pedestal sink, and it becomes very bowl/pedestal specific where only one number works well.

Your local codes will have some specifics on the required WM standpipe (Canada differs from most of the US as to size and placement).

IOW, one general number may work for a bunch of situations, but may work for none of yours without compromises or significant problems.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would get the cut sheet for the fixtures you plan to use and pipe accordingly. One of my big gripes is plumbers that rough in for fixtures using the close enough method. If you plan properly then you avoid the use of tailstock extensions, 24" flex supplies etc.

anton

Reaction score
Sean...thanx for your input....I was an inch lower for the kit sink (which seemed low) and and inch higher for the vanity, but 18 or 19n seem in the right spot....and I had the outlet at 44....

thanx again....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks